Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Album Leaf - Into the Blue Again

I'll be the first to tell you that I absolutely LOVE post-rock. I don't think there's nearly enough of it being released to the world, and maybe that's because not enough people are aware of such a beautiful genre of music. I can think of nothing more inspiring than sitting alone in a room with headphones on and a post-rock CD playing. Sometimes the you can sit there and be completely overwhelmed by how incredibly touching the music is. The emotions can range anywhere from being completely overcome with tears of joy or sadness. It's really powerful stuff. Anyways, I have many notable favorite post-rock bands, each of which has guided me through a particular time in my life in great ways. One band that's NOT on that list of "favorites" is The Album Leaf. It's not that I don't like Jimmy LaValle or the soundscapes he creates, it's more like whenever an Album Leaf record comes out I'm never in the "mood" for post-rock. I don't exactly know why. I'm trying to NOT make that mistake with the new Album Leaf CD, "Into the Blue Again." It comes out on September 12th, and is full of great tracks that remind me of a Postal Service/Dntel mashup with a band like Mogwai or Sigur Ros. There's 10 tracks of beauty on this one, and only a few songs have vocals with them. I highly recommend it as good bedtime listening. Anyways, here's a track off the album. It's one of the instrumentals, and I hope you listen to it back to back with some other post-rock. (great post I've found oh Faronheit)
+ The Album Leaf - See In You

No comments: